One of the joys of working on a private garden project is developing a relationship with the clients. Finding a place for Mum's roses, or making space for the dog - the special touches that make the garden a unique part of a home.
I have worked on a range of residential gardens, including:
- a sculpture garden in Howick, Auckland;
- a sub-alpine garden at National Park;
- a Wellington garden with a 17m drop from top to bottom;
- a sub-tropical garden in Northcote which needed views of the harbour reinstated;
- a tropical garden in Samoa.
These images show just a few things that matter - easy access, sunlight, views, plants of course. Most important is making sure the garden is what we hoped for, and more.
Clockwise from top right:
Sunny patio creating the 'outdoor room' so much desired; sub-alpine plants now thriving in snow; steps providing easy access to the garden studio.
'Alchera' is the Aboriginal spirit who took the world from the Dreamtime to reality - a transition all landscape projects make